Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Evilgaz

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  16:25:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Evilgaz

If, for example, some of the rpga games are undersubscribed (as has happened historically), will the 'spare' tables be available for use for ad hoc games for the duration of that slot?

Any chance of a response to the post quoted? Several other people have expressed an interest and I would think that with a good few weeks to think about, you'd have come up with an answer by now. Your opening post was "Got any questions about DOGs at Gen Con? Then ask them here and I'll do my best to answer them." I don't want to seem petulant, but I thought it was a fair suggestion and I'd appreciate a reply.

Thanks

Gaz
Go to Top of Page

dpmcalister

United Kingdom
1101 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  16:43:43  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

If, for example, some of the rpga games are undersubscribed (as has happened historically), will the 'spare' tables be available for use for ad hoc games for the duration of that slot?

Any chance of a response to the post quoted? Several other people have expressed an interest and I would think that with a good few weeks to think about, you'd have come up with an answer by now. Your opening post was "Got any questions about DOGs at Gen Con? Then ask them here and I'll do my best to answer them." I don't want to seem petulant, but I thought it was a fair suggestion and I'd appreciate a reply.

Thanks

Gaz

The short answer is no.

A lot of work has gone into providing full and varied schedules in both the RPGA and RPG Areas and we are sure that there will be something on offer there that will appeal to you.

Dave McAlister
RPG/DOGs Manager
Gen Con UK
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
E-mail: roleplaying@genconuk.com
Go to Top of Page

CrawlingChaos

-
3 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2004 :  18:38:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rounsee

Does this mean that if you are not a member of some "elitist" group of gamers then you either have to be one of the lucky 11 gaming groups (out of several hundred!) or you must hide away in your chalet with more or less the same people you game with at home??!?

I think this assumes that 11 gaming groups will monopolise the 11 tables for the entire Con. I'd be surprised and very disappointed if this were allowed to happen - even ignoring the overnighters and wind-down, there are 11 slots and 11 tables - which could provide for up to 121 groups, surely? Personally, I'm booked in for a couple of freeforms, a tabletop RPG or two, and I'm still hopeful of finding space to run some Call of Cthulhu in one or more of the slots I have free.
Go to Top of Page

Nigel Fisher

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  20:47:06  Show Profile
Actually the number of DOGs tables didn't seem to be the big problem many people imagined and there certainly weren't loads of empty RPGA tables! Each time I wanted a table for a game of something there was one free and Esdevium's "hire-a-game" service was a great opportunity to try out something new! Well organised Dave. Any chance you could do registrations next year?
Go to Top of Page

CrawlingChaos

-
3 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  03:39:26  Show Profile
Fair point - and the only thing that stopped me running that Cthulhu game I'd planned was lack of time, not of space. Congrats to all the team - there were glitches, but not much that the organisers could've expected or prevented. Maybe _I'll_ be more organised next year!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

©Ratty 2006 Terms and Conditions Snitz Forums 2000