Forgot Username
Forgot Password
Register

Gen Con UK 2005

Change Con - Design Changes

All Forums
 Gen Con UK 2005
 Roleplaying Games
 Shadowrun 4th Ed - Thanks to all players!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

DigitalMage

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  09:54:39  Show Profile  Visit DigitalMage's Homepage
I just wanted to say thanks to all those who played in my demos of Shadowrun 4th Edition - I had full tables in all 3 slots (and even 7 players in one slot!) so it seems like it was popular.

I hope you all had a good time and got a taste for the new system - much more stream lined in my opinion. If you have any questions about it I can usually be found either at www.ukroleplayers.com, or on the forums at www.rpg.net. Alternatively feel free to email me at grant_erswell@yahoo.com.

You may also wantto visit the following sites:
www.srrpg.com - the official Shadowrun site
www.commandohq.com - the site for the FanPro demonstrators (of which I am one) where you can sign up and be forewarned of any new events I post.

FanPro Commando for Shadowrun

mr_fingle

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  15:03:08  Show Profile  Visit mr_fingle's Homepage
No Probs Grant, thanks for running such a thoroughly enjoyable scenario (especially with me, Tim and Hux making things harder for you by running off and doing our own things). I will never look at radical Dwarves in the same light.

Thoroughly enjoyed 4th Ed, but it wasn't as streamlined as they could have made it. This seemed to be more of a 3.5 Ed re-issue than a 4th Ed total rebuild, which was a bit disappointing. I may wait for Cyberpunk to come out before deciding which path I will take :-)

British Isles Traveller Society - It's the only way to be sure.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalMage

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2005 :  16:35:35  Show Profile  Visit DigitalMage's Homepage
Glad you enjoyed it, and you lot all plotting and screwing one another over just made it more fun for me.

I agree to some degree that SR4 could have been more streamlined, but it also beenfits from greater consistency - all combat is resolved in the same general manner, and even coding and registering sprites in the Matrix has the same mechanics as summoning and binding spirits.

The core book is also the most complete I have seen - it includes some critters again (SR3 only had spirits and dragons), spells, metamagic and initiation, a load of funky gear, technomancers, qualities (formerly edges and flaws) and loads of other stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Zinker

-
4 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2005 :  20:56:09  Show Profile
I'll second the praise for Grant and echo the comments made already on 4th ed.

Rarely in Gencon games do the players screw each other up as much as we did in that game, which makes it all the more entertaining when it does happen. It just re-inforced my motto never to trust fat fingered dwarves and/or shaman.

Cheers
Fuse (Anti-social orc decker)

Go to Top of Page

DigitalMage

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2005 :  10:03:32  Show Profile  Visit DigitalMage's Homepage
If you're going to screw each other over, then a one-shot con game can be a good place to do it - just make sure it is all done in good humour and that the other players are in a similar frame of mind. :)

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

©Ratty 2006 Terms and Conditions Snitz Forums 2000