Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bujarx

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  01:21:04  Show Profile
Ave Amici,
when will there be more information about MechWarrior events ?

Greetings
Bujarx

bogend

-
7 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  10:36:54  Show Profile
Having written the mechwarrior event program I can tell you that the program is with Anup and should be posted this week.

To give you a teaser we are running a series of campaign events over all 4 days. We are also running tournament games including mech only games. When the list is published all the details are on there except for the special rules for the games. We have moved away slightly from the standard head to head games.(For example one of the games is an 450 point game that must include a single mech up to 150 points. The rest of the army is all infantry). There are events planned for each slot on all 4 days.

In the games that we are running you will have to surrender the Gencon game tickets to play, but there is no additional expense, if any of the games are sealed booster events then these are included in the ticket cost to play.
These are the plans at the moment but subject to change until the list is published. Hope to see you there.
Go to Top of Page

StuartBall

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  13:40:21  Show Profile  Visit StuartBall's Homepage  Send StuartBall an ICQ Message  Click to see StuartBall's MSN Messenger address
I painstakingly added the event detail to the events on Tuesday afternon, a full rundown of the Wizkids events can be found:

http://www.consupport.com/events/events.asp?Type=63&View=Play

Regards,

Stuart
Go to Top of Page

Largo

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  21:11:29  Show Profile
Are any of the Mechwarrior games suitable for complete newbies to the games?

Cheers,

Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bujarx

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  22:08:33  Show Profile
Ave Amici,
very beautiful events ! These become very interesting days.

I still have two question:
1. Must i play all campaigns events or can i expose one campain event ?
2. a) Combat Drop : only Mech´s with Jump Jets or are Battlemech Jump Packs also ok ?
2. b) All Units in the force must have Jump Jets ?

Greetings
Bujarx

Edited by - Bujarx on 06 Oct 2005 22:20:06
Go to Top of Page

StuartBall

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2005 :  11:56:10  Show Profile  Visit StuartBall's Homepage  Send StuartBall an ICQ Message  Click to see StuartBall's MSN Messenger address
To answer Largo, in support of our Fantastic Battlemaster Colin, No you don't have to play in all the Campaign Scenarios, although Colin would really appreciate it, from all the effort he has gone to to design the campaign which is exclusive to Gen Con UK.

The Campaign events are suitable for new players, as are most of our events.

Any sealed events include boosters in the ticket price, and there is likely to be some spare forces for events available, in the event you don't have any figures available, and its a constructed event.

Our programme has been carefully designed to be inclusive for both established players who are looking for something different to normal, and newcomers to Wizkids game lines who are looking to get into the game in a fun way.

Regards

Stuart
(Now an employee for Wizkids)

- Yes, Me again!
Go to Top of Page

bogend

-
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  17:54:21  Show Profile
Just to confirm what Stuart has said the events are all suitable for newcomers to the game. The campaign has been written so that players(initially) are part of a team and can get advice on tactics from both the other players and from the battlemasters. Should provide a very social event. The whole idea is to bring newcomers into the game but also to provide something different from the normal tournament style games that we tend to do at events like this.

The tournament games themselves are also a bit different from normal but will provide all the players with a challenge. If after getting to know the rules you want to jump into the tournaments then good luck to you. By all means play in as many campaign events as you want or as many tornament events as you like, you can chop and change as much as you like. The two main tournament events on the saturday and sunday are all day events so unfortuantly you will have to choose either campaign or tourament on those days. The thursday and friday games are only one slot each so you can play campaign in the morning and then tourament in the afternoon if you wish.

As for the questions about combat drop.
As long as the mech has jump jet special equipment on its dial or jump jet SEC it may jump in. If the mech has jump jet special equipment later in the dial then you must damage the mech to the point where jump jets are shown. This then becomes the mechs starting point.
The attacking force must all have jump jets. This obviously restricts the choice of units to infantry and mech's.

Any more questions then just ask. I'll try to put a list of the questions on the UK forums site on the main Wizkids site.

colin
Go to Top of Page

Bujarx

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  19:08:53  Show Profile
Ave Amici,

(“The two main tournament events on the saturday and sunday are all day events...”)

if I play "Dai shogun" on Saturday 09:00, I cannot play "The Flight of The Phoenix" at 15:00?
So the duration of "Dai shogun" is not 5 hours?
Have I understood this correctly?

Greetings
Bujarx
Go to Top of Page

bogend

-
7 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2005 :  02:51:59  Show Profile
The Dai shogun event is due to run over both the morning and afternoon slots. Much, however, will depend on the take up of the event with players. The fewer the number of players, the shorter the length of time the tournament could take.
The saturday and sunday events are, we believe going to be the most popular. This is due to the event format and the higher number of players expected over the weekend. For this reason we have given the players an event to get their teeth into and enjoy.
If we get a smaller take up than expected at these two events then we will run the tournament to its conclusion and then provide something else for those players that want to stay on and play.
Go to Top of Page

bogend

-
7 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  23:42:07  Show Profile
One other clarification.

Ronin rumble is 300 points of infantry only and one mech of up to 150 points including gear and pilot cards.
Go to Top of Page

Bujarx

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2005 :  01:40:43  Show Profile
One more question:

Is the Campagne,Ronin Rumble and Company Captain Championship Battle Force Restricted or unrestricted ?

Thanks fpr all the responses.
Bujarx
Go to Top of Page

bogend

-
7 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2005 :  07:56:29  Show Profile
All the events are unrestricted. Two reasons for this. Firstly its what the players seemed to want. After all if they have spent as much money on this game as I have they want to use the figures.
Secondly all the games have some form of restriction on them anyway. These are things such as Mech only, sealed booster or the campaign games which again are run with special rules.
Some of the games lend themselves to the AOD releases. After all the ability to customise your mech is handy in some of the games and some of the pilot abilities again are very useful.

One further clarification which escaped my proof reading is that Ronin Rumble is 300 points of infantry and a single mech of up to 150 points including gear and pilot.
Go to Top of Page

bogend

-
7 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  08:27:58  Show Profile
Wizkids has just posted details of some of the prizes for the Mechwarrior on its website.
Nip on over and have a look

colin
Go to Top of Page

Bujarx

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2005 :  21:28:54  Show Profile
Ave Amici,

me again with some more Questions.
What about Combat Enhancement Cards for the events ?
Can I use Faction Pride Cards for all campaign events and all other events (except Sealed events) ?

Greetings
Bujarx
Go to Top of Page

bogend

-
7 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2005 :  02:28:26  Show Profile
Good question.

Faction pride cards can be used in any non sealed event except the Dai-shogun event. This event says that you must bring a mech of any points cost including gear and pilot but doesn't say that you may include faction pride cards.

You can use gear in all non sealed events. In the sealed events you may use any cards you pull, be they gear mission or planetary condition cards, as long as you meet all requirements of that card. eg you use light equipment on a light mech.

Sorry for the delay in replying I've been away on holiday.

colin
Go to Top of Page

bogend

-
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  19:58:41  Show Profile
I'd just like to say a big thanks to all th eplayers that made this Gencon. It was a delight to meet you all and hope to see you at the european event next year.

colin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

©Ratty 2006 Terms and Conditions Snitz Forums 2000