Tabletop Games
 Board game challenge 2!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rounsee

23 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  12:37:54  Show Profile
Hi all, I want to start off by saying what a great time i had at the last gen con, although I didn't think much of the tent it was not a major problem as i have gamed in much worse conditions.

I issued out a challenge last year to any and all "would be" board gamers, my clarion call was heard by the Shadow Warriors who promptly beat us at formula de (although i did come first in the official competition) so.......

Come one, Come all the next challenge is afoot!

I would like to formally challenge anyone and everyone to play against "The Great Escapism gamers of Newport" at any of the following games:

- Settlers of Catan- any variant- no newbies!
- Formula De
- Carcassone
- Kingdoms (Reiner Knizier)

I look forward to seeing your replies,
Steve Round (Rounsee)

HackMonkey

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  15:15:54  Show Profile  Visit HackMonkey's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Rounsee

I issued out a challenge last year to any and all "would be" board gamers, my clarion call was heard by the Shadow Warriors who promptly beat us at formula de (although i did come first in the official competition) so.......

Hmmm, must have been an "unoffical" 2-round Formula De competition that I won on the Esdevium tables then! Still, the voucher got me my own copy of Settlers (at last)!

So long as your challenge doesn't clash with any HackMaster slots (tba) that I'll be running, you've got your first '05 challenger right here!

Gentlemen ... start your engines!
Go to Top of Page

Rounsee

23 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  12:41:17  Show Profile
Hello Mr Monkey!

I believe they ran a competition on Friday AND Saturday so it looks like we were both winners, but in the words of a godd film and a terrible tv series- "There can be only one!". Looks like we have a reason to race.

See you in the pit lane (if only for a second as i fly past it)
Go to Top of Page

HackMonkey

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2005 :  15:16:19  Show Profile  Visit HackMonkey's Homepage
quote:

...and I'll see you on the podium (as I look down from the top step)
Go to Top of Page

Naml00k

-
5 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2005 :  16:15:43  Show Profile
Hello to all!!

To add to Rounseez challenge, I'll be up for some Star Wars miniatures battling (I'm sure there will be others from the Escapism crew aswell), I know it's not a board game, but if any one fancies it bring some figs and get it on! (oh, ps NO GUNGANS or EWOKS they're just wrong!)

Like the saying goes:

SITH HAPPENS!

Edited by - Naml00k on 11 Jun 2005 16:17:17
Go to Top of Page

magestones

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2005 :  11:56:44  Show Profile  Visit magestones's Homepage
quote:

Hello Mr Monkey!

I believe they ran a competition on Friday AND Saturday so it looks like we were both winners, but in the words of a godd film and a terrible tv series- "There can be only one!". Looks like we have a reason to race.

We did indeed run on a number of competitions at last year Gen Con and quite successful they were too.

And by far the best (not just because of the result, but because we were able to play and not ref) was the "Unofficial UK Championships". The Great Escapeisum of Wales vs the Shadow Warriors of England (who did have some Englishmen there!!)

For the results and pictures on that and the other events we ran last year check out this link

http://www.shadow-warriors.co.uk/GenCon2004.htm

Steve, I did send you this link a while back but I never heard back from you. Hope to see you there this year?

Shadow Warriors should be at Gen Con again this year, running more Formula DE, Settlers etc, but due to slight price increase that is still to be confirmed. How much interest is there out there for board games this year?

Gerald Udowiczenko
Chairman
Shadow Warriors Role Playing Club
www.shadow-warriors.co.uk

Edited by - magestones on 20 Jun 2005 11:58:42
Go to Top of Page

Rounsee

23 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2005 :  14:08:42  Show Profile
Hi Gerald, nice to hear from you again

I did recieve your e-mail and I sent you a reply but didn't hear back from you....strange. Anyway back to the matter at hand, I constantly check the website and saw the photos, nice but they didn't have any handsome, rugged Welshmen on them! I hope to see you at the Con for a re-match to your (lucky) Formula De win against us but that will only happen if HE decide to restrucure thier ticket pricing policy. If it continues as it is then Escapism will not be attending (at least 15 tickets!)

So, if this is the case then you may well get a "by" and win the second year by default to add to your other lucky win.

But seriously, I do hope to see you there but we will probably just organise a castle for the weekend and do our own for less cost (We have lots of castles in Wales).
Speak to you soon,
Steve- Rounsee
Go to Top of Page

urbanbuda

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  21:02:35  Show Profile  Visit urbanbuda's Homepage
Well after seeing me ugly mug in the formula de pictures I guess I will take up the challenge, if only cos that guy's luck has got to run out at some time.

I have played formula de twice now and still have to see anyone with so much jam on their side.

So team Maidstone will be seeing the demise of team jammy in our rear view mirror.
Go to Top of Page

Tyorl

-
0 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  11:39:03  Show Profile
I, Tyorl, leader (and sole member) of the Canadian Carcassone Contingent do hereby accept your challenge!

See you at the tiles!
Go to Top of Page

tricky

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  17:16:16  Show Profile
I'll play anything, but am currently king of the Carcassone and Settlers castles and I never refuse a challenge :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

©Ratty 2006 Terms and Conditions Snitz Forums 2000