General
 Best Winter Fantasy Ever
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Mark.Templeton

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  43:33:7  Show Profile  Visit Mark.Templeton's Homepage  Send Mark.Templeton an AOL message
To Ian, Ratty, John, and the numerous other Volunteers in Green and Black, and to the dozens of Judges in Red T-shirts (especially the 3 or 4 I actually got to play with) and to the 3 dozen people I got to judge for and have a great time doing so:

From the top, bottom, and everywhere in between of my heart: Thank you for a fantastic Winter Fantasy!

Venue: simple, a tad cold due to the lack of carpeting which would
have dampened the sound (which wasn't bad at all) and helped keep the heat in, but spacious, well lit, and well cleaned by the staff. 4 of 5 stars.

Judges Hotel: the embassy suites. gah. i cannot begin to say how much this hotel made the con for me. excellent rooms, great access to the pool/hot tub/fitness center (6am till 11:30pm), fantabulous breakfast except for the bacon and egg omelette that gave me indigestion, great atrium in which to eat, midnight madness, and sit with friends and watch the drawing of "gain next level" from a deck of many things. 5 of 5 stars. wow.

Front Line Staff (the guys and gals at the ticket booth): 5 of 5 stars. zero problems, no hassels for help with ticket questions.
i only needed you guys twice and both times took less then 2 minutes to hand over my 3 bucks (10 000 canadian) and get gaming.

Marshalls: 5 of 5 stars. fair, released us when we weren't needed but ensured that everyone got a chance to judge and that the same people weren;t released all the time. and to the nice guy who told me to go back to bed after my bacon and egg omelette experience, cudos. i ened up helping a green regent judge on the big table with 6 new players for a while but it was nice not to be 100% in charge for a slot.

Other Judges: man i wish i could read handwriting. the 6 i got to game with at wf: thank you. i get to play very few mods at big cons and these 6 were the best, especially the Ghostwalk classic. best game of the week i think. an nobody tried to tell me i Lose DR when flat-footed like at gencon...5 of 5 stars.

Players: wow. thank you for the awesome energy in the sea of dust and in the Dungeon of the Hark. and the handshakes at the end or when your characters bought it and you accepted that with no blame on me for the dice rolling against you. 5 of 5 stars.

while i missed Fort Wayne, i could handle WF being where it is for a while.

Distance from airport: sucks. at least i got to jump in with a few others for the taxi ride there sunday to save some dough.

there's no rest for the wicked. i get even less.

jareddm

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  21:54:50  Show Profile
WF was awesome for me too.

Even though we were all almost killed by that god-evil tree.
Go to Top of Page

Jon.Fortner

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  54:02:1  Show Profile  Send Jon.Fortner a Yahoo! Message
Well I could not have said it better myself. Thus far it was the best Con I have ever been too!
Go to Top of Page

Mark.Templeton

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  15:42:1  Show Profile  Visit Mark.Templeton's Homepage  Send Mark.Templeton an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by jareddm

WF was awesome for me too.

Even though we were all almost killed by that god-evil tree.

lol...man i'm sorry. i had a table of halflings and gnomes for the first running..."lets hid under the tree and then rush the goblins."

oops. "yoink yoink yoink yoink"

there's no rest for the wicked. i get even less.
Go to Top of Page

PinkMermaid

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  41:12:1  Show Profile  Send PinkMermaid an AOL message  Click to see PinkMermaid's MSN Messenger address  Send PinkMermaid a Yahoo! Message
I have to agree. The con was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. Not sure if I will be able to make it to New Jersey next year, though I'd like to.

The venue was alright, not perfect but not awful. Though I do think we need to drag the Maui Wowi people to Origins and GenCon.
As for the Hotel it was great. A hot breakfast helps wake you up for a 8:00 slot.

I had wonderful players, and sat at two fun tables. hope to see everyone again.

My only complaints are 3:
1. Not getting slot 0's in. Though that is a lot because there weren't a lot of judges from Ohio
2. The distance from the airport and price of shuttle on top of the plane ticket. Again something not really RPGA's fault but something that might be looked at in the future.
3. Running the small campaigns and classics all slots. This works well for large campaigns, but not the smaller stuff. Its actully ideal for the big stuff, so people can say well I need to play LD in slot 5, the Cthulhu slot 3, and can play the LG whenever I'm not playing something smaller. This way you get a bigger number of players and can actually get off a couple tables. I ran all 4 Cthulhu tables that went off this weekend. It was a headache because throughout the course of the con, I probably had 2 tables worth of people who had actually pre-bought tickets. 1 of the tables was a group of 6 wanting to play together. The rest of them showed up as 1 or 2 who wanted to play so this left me running around to get released judges so the people could play. I know Cthulhu wasn't the only place this happened too.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

©Ratty 2006 Terms and Conditions Snitz Forums 2000